Tuesday 23 August 2016

BNW | Sports Edition


Tee | River Island boys
Trousers (UK2) | ASOS Petite
Blazer (UK6) | Topshop via Zalora
Shoes | Rachel Zoe via Robinsons
Leather clutch | ASOS
Necklace | Agnès B.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this pair of shoes. I don't even know what to call it - slip ons/sneakers? Whatever it is, it's amazing. It was massively discounted when I spotted it (and in my size) so hell yeah it came home with me. It's superrrr comfy with a lightly padded inner lining and a rubber sole. The studs are really cool and it just adds that little edge to it, and we all know I love a good mix of black textures.

What really got me was the pointed toe. Pointed shoes are way more available in the market these days compared to several years back but pointed sneakers are still pretty rare. I hardly ever come by any and when I do, they are usually faux leather. This pair just ticks all the boxes for me. I do not own a single pair of trainers (apart from high cuts for dance) like those Adidas/New Balances ones which have been pretty popular in recent years. No idea why, but I just didn't have a thing for them even though I am a huge fan of sports inspired/sports luxe outfits. I decided rounded toe covered shoes just ain't for me. I've been on the hunt for a pair of pointed shoe with a sporty vibe for the longest time and my eyes literally lit up when I saw this pair! It would be amazing for travels (apart from risking the metal detector check in the airports) and walking around all day (as I've tested out - first wear and no blisters at all!). It would be great in Autumn/Winter because it's actually pretty cosy in there, with the pony hair and all.

Whenever my footwear looks as badass as this, I always make it a point to style the outfit around the Shoes.

Of course, for this look (shoe debuts are always special haha), I went with my usual/fav - black and white. I like mixing up casual and formal pieces, and that's what this outfit is all about! The best outfits always have some sort of formality x sporty x I could just about get away with it (with just a plain white top/tee) for causal days at work! I've always loved pairing trousers with sneakers - just look at how well they go together! Next on my list is a pointed burgundy leather pair! (I believe the difficulty of finding one just increased 10x as compared to a pointed black one lol). My office doesn't allow sneakers so I don't ever get to wear any footwear that's remotely similar to sports shoes. That said, the leather and pony hair on this pair helps me to JUST get away with it. It's so easy to walk around in, I feel like I'm actually bouncing sometimes. Matched the studs on the shoes with this studded leather clutch from ASOS and I love how simple (yet impactful) the hardware in the outfit is going.

And of course, I have to talk about this amazing blazer. Probably one of my new favourite blazer - and that says a lot because I'm always shopping for blazers/outerwears even though we get so much sunlight and humidity. I have so many black blazers, it's driving my mum mad (and also probably everyone else thinks I'm wearing the same blazer everyday but I'm really not). It's a boyfriend fit (on me) and I love that. The length is awesome on me - just skims past my hips and covers my ass. Trousers, ripped jeans, mini skirt, shorts.... almost everything goes well with it! Longline blazers are the style I usually go for because it's less corporate-ish (unless I have a really important meeting at work) and it's also way more chic! 

xo
clara

No comments:

Post a Comment